Ibu sgt puas ati sbb semua puji kek ni sedap....maktok pun suka....hehehhe
250g plain sponge cake mix
5 eggs (grade A)
1tsp vanilla essence
70g butter (melted)
100g custard mix
150ml cocktail juice
200ml whipping cream
1 tin fruit cocktail (825g, drained)
Some fresh fruit
Nibbed almond (toasted)
Whipping cream (whipped)
Some apricot glaze
9" round cake tin
9" loose-base cake tin
- Cake : Preheat oven at 180C. Line and grease a 9" cake tin.
- In a mixer, put sponge mix, eggs and milk. WHisk at low speed for one minute and increase to high speed for another 8 minutes. Add in essence and melted butter.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes. Take out from oven and invert cake for 5 minutes. Turn the cake out and cool completely before slicing into 3 layers horizontally.
- For custard filling : Soak instant custard mix in cocktail juice and hand whisk until thickened. Add in cream and tinned fruits. Divide into 2 portions.
- For assemble : Place 1 slice of cake in a 9" loose cake tin and spread 1 portion of filling. Top with another slice of cake and another portion of filling. Top with the last slice of cake. Refrigerate until set. Remove cake from tin.
- Spread whipped cream all over the cake and decorate side of cake with nibbed almonds. Arrange fresh fruits on it.
- brush diluted apricot galze onto fruits to prevent fruits from drying out.
- Refgrigate overnight.
Sbb dah kesuntukan masa, ibu buat kek lain....resepi untuk kek untuk kek buah ni....also dr Amy Heng tp untuk base kek lain sbnrnya....
A : 5eggs yolks, 1tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup caster sugar, 1tsp salt
1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup oil
175g high ratio flour, 2tsps baking powder.
B : 5 eggs whites, 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 cup caster sugar
- Line a 9" round cake tin. Preheat oven at 170C.
- Hand whisk ingredients (A) in a bowl until well-combined. Leave aside.
- Whish eggs white and cream of tartar of ingredients (B) until foamy. Add in sugar and whisk untill stiff. Combine with no.(2). Pour into tin and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Invert cake to cool before slicing into 3 layers horizontally.