Kek ni ibu buat special untuk Acik Aida. She's my best friend since I worked here, more than 6 years ago.
All the best and live happily ever after...
Resepi dr buku Delicious Cakes from Amy Heng
- 250g butter
- 370g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs (grade A, lightly beaten)
- 320g plain flour*
- 1 tsp baking powder*
- 1 tsp baking soda*
- 100g cocoa powder (dissolved in 280ml hot water)
- 300ml UHT whipping cream
- 600g cooking chocolate (chopped) -(heat cream in a double boiler until hot. Add in chocolate and stir until smooth. Cool until chocolate has thickened before usage)
- 50g white chocolate (melted, add in 1 tsp shortening)
- 1 piping bag
- 10" round cake tin
- greaseproof paper
- Line and grease a 10" round baking tin. Preheat oven at 170C
- In a electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and essence until light and fluffy. Gradually add in eggs until well-mixed.
- Add in sieved ingredients alternate with cocoa mixture on low speed.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 1 hour. Cool cake and slice cake into 3 layers horizontally.
- Spread one layer with half of chocloate filling and top with anothe layer. Spread the remaining chocolate filling and top with the last layer of cake.
- Pour warm chocolate topping and tilt cake around to coat and let the axcess flow down the sides.
- Place melted white chocolate in a piping bag and pipe a few circles on surface of the cake. Use skewer to create feathery effects
Kek ni ibu dah dpt order dr Acik Ilah utk anniversary dia yg ke2 Feb 9 nih... heheheh
Resepi? Nanti ibu taip masuk...sbb nk kena taip sebijik2 dr buku....